P-2 Performer or Group Performing under Reciprocal Exchange Program


The P-2 nonimmigrant visa is for individuals coming to the United States to temporarily perform as an artist or entertainer, either individually or as a group, who will perform as part of a reciprocal exchange program between an organization in the United States and an organization in another country.

Spouse and children under the age of 21 of performers may be eligible to apply for P-4 nonimmigrant visas but may not work in the United States under this classification. However, they may engage in full or part time study on a P-4 visa.

Eligibility Criteria

  • Artist entering the U.S. through a government-recognized reciprocal exchange program
  • Must possess skills comparable to U.S. artists and entertainers participating in the program outside the U.S.

Length of Stay

Performers are allowed to stay for the time needed to complete the event, with a maximum initial period of stay of one year. Extensions may be granted in increments of up to one year, with no limitation so long as the performer is continuing to perform in qualifying competitions, events, or performances.

What We Do

  • Provide assistance in the P-2 application process and evidence required
  • Review applications to identify potential concerns that may affect the outcome of the application
  • Provide guidance in maintaining the P-2 status
  • Provide assistance to P-2 holders within the United States that wish to extend their visa, apply for a Change of Status or Adjustment of Status

Additional Details

Essential Support Personnel who are an integral part of the performance of the P-2 performer and who perform support services not readily performed by a U.S. worker may also be eligible for P-2 status.

Recommended Resources

Start your Immigration Journey Today

We have successfully assisted Businesses and Individuals identify their immigration requirements, determine eligibility, develop strategies, prepare applications and respond to USCIS Requests.

We look forward to speaking with you!

Monthly Newsletter

Subscribe for updates and news on U.S. Immigration